Don’t Let Heel Pain Ruin Your Trail Run
Has your heel been aching as you’ve been training for the Transcend Ultra Trail Run? Does it feel sore when you first get out of bed in the morning, or if you’ve been on your feet for a long time? Heel pain is a very common condition that our Perth Podiatrists see all the time so;
Here are our top five tips for getting rid of your heel pain
- VISIT A PODIATRIST We are the experts at treating this and will give you specialised advice specific for your condition that will get you back to running comfortably.
- DON’T IGNORE YOUR PAIN The longer you put up with the pain without treating it, the worse it will get and the longer it will take to get rid of. What could be a short recovery could turn into 6 or 12 months if you don’t act now.
- WEAR ORTHOTICS One of the biggest reasons people develop heel pain is because of the foot type they’ve inherited from their parents. Orthotics can fix this by correcting the alignment of the muscles and bones in your feet to ensure your body is working in harmony.
- WEAR THE RIGHT SHOES I cannot stress this enough. Different runners have different types of feet, and it’s SO important that you’re wearing the right running shoe for you. Our Perth Podiatrists are experts at recommending the perfect running shoe that will help you have pain free feet.
- DO YOUR EXERCISES Over time the muscles in your feet and legs tighten up and become weaker, contributing to heel pain. Our Podiatrists can give you specific advice about which exercises you need to do to get rid of your heel pain.
Do your heels a favour and call our Podiatrists today (08) 9341 5166 so that you can run at your best on the Transcend Ultra Trail Run!